Cristiano Ronaldo: FA suspends and fines ex-Manchester United star after he ‘knocks’ mobile phone out of boy’s hand |  UK News

Cristiano Ronaldo: FA suspends and fines ex-Manchester United star after he ‘knocks’ mobile phone out of boy’s hand | UK News

Cristiano Ronaldo has been suspended for two matches, fined £50,000 and given a warning for breaching an FA rule by knocking a mobile phone out of a boy’s hand after a match earlier this year.

The footballer, who was asked to leave Manchester United with immediate effect Tuesday after intense criticism of the club in a interview with Piers Morganadmitted “inappropriate” behavior after the final whistle of a Premier League match between United and Everton on April 9.

Everton beat his team 1-0 at their home ground, Goodison Park.

As Ronaldo leaving the field, he was filmed throwing his right hand to the ground, and a phone bounced out of teenage spectator Jake Harding’s hand and onto the floor.

The fan’s mother claimed her son was left ‘bruised’ of the incident, which left the youngster “in complete shock”. The boy said the player hit his hand “very hard”.

A witness said they saw Ronaldo slap the spectator’s hand “with force” and thought at the time it was “far too difficult”. Another said it was “unprovoked”.

Ronaldo, who limped off the pitch with a leg injury, said he could not see who the arm belonged to but could see it was “holding an object”. He said his instinctive reaction was to knock “the object away”, claiming the incident was “an instinctively proactive reaction”.

More about Cristiano Ronaldo

Manchester United's Paul Pogba helps teammate Cristiano Ronaldo back to his feet at the end of the Premier League soccer match between Everton and Manchester United at Goodison Park, in Liverpool, England, Saturday, April 9, 2022. Everton won 1-0.  (AP Photo/Rui Vieira)
Picture:
Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of the Premier League match at Goodison Park on April 9. Photo: AP/Rui Vieira

“Deliberate and forceful blow down”

The The Football Association independent regulatory commission, in its decision and written reasons, said Ronaldo admitted and was warned by the police for offenses of assault by beating (battery) and criminal damage.

He paid £200 to the spectator for damage to the phone, which was smashed, the commission added, and he apologized for the incident on Instagram and invited the fan to a fight at Old Trafford.

The FA found it PortugalThe captain broke rule E3.

A statement released by the FA said: “The striker admitted that his behavior after the final whistle of the Premier League match between Manchester United FC and Everton FC on Saturday 9 April 2022 was inappropriate.

“An independent regulatory commission found his conduct to be both inappropriate and abusive at a subsequent hearing and imposed these sanctions.”

The Independent Regulatory Commission said the player could have simply ignored or walked around the spectator, who “posed no actual or perceived threat”.

Sanctions were deemed appropriate as the incident was “a deliberate and forceful knock down”, “petulant”, “caused injury … and redness to the spectator’s hand”, and “the victim was a child” – exacerbated by the fact that Ronaldo is a very high profile footballer whose behavior was witnessed by many people.

The ban will still apply when Ronaldo joins a new club in any country, but it will not apply to the World Cup.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *