The Disney Dreamlight Valley update – which adds a new world, new characters and more – is almost here, and ahead of its December 6th release, we’ve been blessed with the full patch notes.
Here are the highlights:
- Optimized game stability on Nintendo Switch
- Functional fireplaces
- The possibility to buy iron ingots
- Feed the crawler several times a day
- Actually looking at the camera in selfie mode
And here are the full patch notes for tomorrow – there’s no information on new content, just tweaks and updates, so don’t worry about spoiling the surprises!
Missions in Uncharted Space Update Patch Notes
- We are now fully compatible with Steam Deck and verified by Steam.
- Optimized game stability on all platforms. In particular, we are putting a significant focus on optimizing the experience on Nintendo Switch, which players should find smoother now. We will continue to evaluate the performance of each platform and push for further improvements and optimizations in upcoming updates as part of Early Access.
- It’s getting cold outside, so we’ve updated many of the fireplaces in Dreamlight Valley so you can light them manually. Exceptions include Horned Tavern Fireplace, Cozy Fireplace, Antique Furnace, and Celestial Fireplace.
- Kristoff has expanded the stock of his stall to include a wider selection of goods (Pssst… there might be some iron ingots in there).
- Improved wood distribution across all biomes. This change will make the tree you find in each biome feel less random. While the spawn rates will be slightly less frequent than before, each biome will now have a fixed set of trees that can spawn and will appear in consistent amounts, taking the guesswork out of collecting.
- Buffet crawler to allow even more treat sharing. It is now possible to feed animals several times a day.
- Reduced load times for games on all platforms.
- Reduced game installation size.
- Improved loading of in-game assets to give players better performance.
- Implemented optimizations to reduce the chances of frame drops that were caused by certain animations.
- Improved performance and memory usage of large gardens (50+ plants) during gardening.
- Removed “dried plant” VFX to improve game performance.
- Optimized various VFX to improve game performance.
- Fixed memory leaks that led to reduced performance and crashes under certain circumstances.
- Improved item limits feedback in furniture edit mode by adding an extra counter to the screen. The top counter tracks the count different objects placed in the valley, while the bottom counter tracks Total number of items, including duplicates. This should provide more clarity when these limits are reached, as before, pressing one of the limits will prevent players from placing more items in their valley – unique items or total items, respectively – until they remove items to make room.
- All avatars now have the same animation speeds. Specifically, you’ll notice that crop watering and cooking animations have been updated to reflect this.
- We have confirmed that creatures are not conspiring against you. Critters befriended through feeding will now appear correctly in the collection menu.
- Camera shy no more! The avatar will now always look at the camera when in selfie mode.
- Fixed a soft lock that sometimes occurred when pressing the Return to Title Screen button.
- The collection menu now updates correctly when new resources are collected.
- “A Deal with Ursula” Quest: Players who had previously picked up the Dark Crystal should now be able to complete the quest.
- “Photo Fervor” Mission: The Elephant Graveyard can now be photographed properly.
- “The Dreamlight Fountain” Quest: Celebration Ribbon will now be correctly recognized when placed near the fountain.
- “Part of His World” quest: Players who encountered a block will find that the Nautilus consumables have been returned, which should unlock progression.
- “Lair Sweet Lair” Quest: When Goofy was renovating his house, he accidentally lost a mission-critical piece of paper. It has been recovered and returned to its expected position in his house.
- “Peacemakers” Mission: Improved collision issues with palm trees to reduce the chance of Leader Shards and other items being caught in them.
The Missions in Uncharted Space update will be available for download tomorrow, December 6th.
What are you most excited about? Wish for a star in the comment field…