Fortnite is certainly known for adding interesting new mechanics to shake up the game, but Chapter 4 has brought perhaps the biggest change to the popular battle royale experience in years. This time around, we’ve not only received an exciting new map and some fresh weapons – Epic has introduced game-changing Reality Augments that act as perks for your character. This new system can completely change the flow of a match, so you’ll want to know everything you can about which Augments to get and how they work. Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered here.
Fortnite Augments List
Throughout each match, you’ll be given the choice of two random Augments that can help give you a leg up on your competition. The longer you survive, the more Augments you will be offered. These will last until the end of the match, but they will not carry over to the next match. If you don’t like the randomized Augment, you can reroll for a chance at one you want – but note that you only get one free reroll. If you want to keep re-rolling, you need to spend 100 gold bars each time.
Like other collections in the game, Augments have their own tab where you can see which ones you’ve discovered so far. Epic is almost certain to add more augments in the weeks and months to come, so be sure to check back in the future to see which ones you might not have found yet.
Here is every Augment currently available:
- Aerialist – Gives you Glider repositioning for the rest of the match.
- Bloodhound – Enemies hit by your sniper rifle or bow shot are marked for a short period of time.
- Bow specialist – Bows draw and reload faster and you regenerate arrows over time.
- Bush wars – You regenerate health and partial shield while inside large foliage.
- Chug Gunner – Receive a Chug Cannon.
- Demolition weapon – Objects you destroy have a chance to drop explosives. Excludes player-built structures.
- First attack – The first bullet in the Assault Rifle’s magazine deals bonus damage.
- Forecast – You can always see the next storm circle.
- Jelly Angler – Receive a fishing rod. You can use it to fish anywhere, but you can only fish up jellyfish.
- Light fingers – Make your weapons load faster using Light Ammo.
- Mechanical archer – Gives you a Mechanical Explosive Arc and a Mechanical Shockwave Arc.
- More Parkour – Your energy is regenerated shortly after cloaking or nesting.
- Set time – Get balloons over time.
- Pistol Amp – Pistols have greatly increased the magazine size.
- Rifle recycle – Weapons that use medium ammo have a chance to not consume ammo.
- Urgent reload – Sprinting will slowly reload your equipped shotgun.
- Sky-high sprints – While sprinting, you will be able to jump much higher – and jump with less gravity.
- Splash Medic – You have a chance to find Chug Splash in every container you open.
- Storm Mark – When the storm changes, ping the area of nearby enemies for a short period of time.
- Supercharged – Your vehicles will not consume fuel and they will have increased health.
- Tactical Armory – Gives a rare tactical AR and battle shotgun.
- Tricked out – Entering a car or truck uses Chonkers and Cow Catcher on it.
Augments aren’t the only new addition to Fortnite in this update, so make sure you check out everything added in Chapter 4 Season 1.
The products discussed here were independently selected by our editors. GameSpot may receive a portion of the revenue if you purchase something displayed on our site.