Pele will remain in hospital, but there is still no forecast for when he will be able to leave

Brazil icon Pele remains in hospital and there is STILL no prognosis for when he can be discharged, a medical report reveals – but doctors insist the 82-year-old’s condition is improving since his respiratory infection scare

  • There is still no forecast for when Pele, 82, can be discharged from hospital
  • The Brazil legend was hospitalized on November 29 after battling colon cancer
  • Pele has also been diagnosed with a respiratory infection which is being treated
  • The World Cup winner must remain in hospital until further notice, says a medical report

The health of Brazilian soccer great Pele is improving, but there is still no forecast for when he may be released from hospital after being admitted there late last month, according to a medical report released on Monday.

Pele, 82, has been battling colon cancer since September 2021 and was admitted to hospital on November 29 for doctors to review his treatment.

He is also being treated for a respiratory infection diagnosed after his hospitalization.

There is still no forecast for when Brazil icon Pele will be able to leave the hospital, but he is still recovering

The patient continues to show improvement in the clinical status, especially the respiratory infection. He remains in a regular room, conscious and with stable vital signs, medical staff at the Albert Einstein Hospital in Sao Paulo said.

Sportsmail reported last week that Pele had made “progressive improvements” after he was taken to hospital for tests.

Despite initial concerns that he was close to death, his daughters Flavia and Kely Nascimento quickly moved to quash those reports, saying he is “sick” but still supports Brazil in their bid to win the World Cup.

An update from the doctors who treated him in Sao Paulo backed up the daughters’ claims on Saturday.

Considered one of the greatest footballers ever, Pele won three World Cups with Brazil

Considered one of the greatest footballers ever, Pele won three World Cups with Brazil

“He is still undergoing treatment and his health is stable. He has also had a good response to a respiratory infection, with no worsening of his condition in the last 24 hours, the doctors said at the weekend.

Pele is considered Brazil’s best ever player and fans in Qatar have shown their support for him by unfurling banners inside the stadiums since the country’s match against Cameroon in the group stage.

French superstar Kylian Mbappe was among those who tweeted in support of Pele after he was admitted to hospital.

The WC’s top scorer wrote “Be for the king” on social media.

Pele's official Instagram account wrote a message to Neymar after Brazil's World Cup exit

Pele’s official Instagram account wrote a message to Neymar after Brazil’s World Cup exit

Brazil players held a banner showing support for Pele after their 4-1 win over South Korea

Brazil players held a banner showing support for Pele after their 4-1 win over South Korea

The 82-year-old legend posted a photo of Neymar after Brazil’s shock World Cup exit to Croatia on Friday.

“I watched you grow, I cheered for you every day and I can finally congratulate you for reaching the number of goals with Brazil,” said Pele.

“We both know this is more than a number. Our greatest duty as athletes is to inspire. Inspire our teammates today, the next generations and above all everyone who loves our sport.’

Kylian Mbappe took to Twitter earlier this month to show his support for the Brazilian icon

Kylian Mbappe took to Twitter earlier this month to show his support for the Brazilian icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *